Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rocks and Botanical Bits

I have been playing with some rocks and botanical bits.

I love rocks on there own, and seem to be collecting many of them these days.  I also love botanical bits, and have been putting these two together (with bits of tea bags or old book page).

I love how they feel when I hold them.  Substantial, yet smooth, and if they have been in the sun they hold such warmth.


They stand at attention so nicely for me to take their pictures. 

This one got the special attention of an individual picture, as it is heading off to a new home tomorrow. 
I had such fun making these, and am sure there are more to come. 

14 comments:

  1. I like smooth stones too! I love their ‘tactile-ness’. Just to hold and rub their smooth sides is very calming. These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet, simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those stones are beautiful!
    me too, I love to collect them or just to watch stones in nature.
    This is so nice how you put botanic and stones together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!
    I like to collect a single pebble/stone from places I visit, I have a lovely collection now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These stones are so beautifully made, great idea, love them all.
    Greetings from
    Anni Ploug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rocks. I love collecting them, too. I have some on window sills, others in bowls. Your botanical artwork on them is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these, too, Kim. And the way rocks and stones hold the heat from the sun. -sus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful little pieces of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good idea. I too love to hold smooth warm stones. I am a heat seeker. always tons of blankets on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, they make me think of lacquer work x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I just found your blog and I am so impressed. I love these little rocks, and your collages, your small book, your jewelery, your everything! I am your newest follower.
    Please visit and hopefully you will want to follow me back. I'm looking forward to becoming good friends through blogging and sharing ideas. Have a great day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful - like these stones.
    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete