Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Composition and Collage Take Two


I continue on in my collage making with the online course by Claudine Hellmuth. 

This collage took a long time, as I made many changes before it actually came together.  You can't read all of the words, as some are slightly covered, but it says  - everywhere she looked there were seeds of opportunity, she was ready to grow.  I used my typewriter to add the words, then added some handpainted paper and tea bags for the dots, and a few leafs.  I painted a copy of one of my bird drawings, and added some bits of tea bag and a wild sweet pea leaf that I had added some colour too. 





I like the way it turned out in the end.



And then I began work on this collage, lots of layers of tea bags, and a few botanical bits came together in this creation.  Although it too took me quite a bit of time, not as much as the bird and leaf one.   I have been working to keep these pieces kind of clean, but some of my messiness snuck into this piece.....  that is okay, as I still like it.

I added a mat around it

and can now call it finished.  I can't wait to work on the next one!

9 comments:

  1. These are wonderful - such great composition and use of color! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous - especially love the bird one - the white background is so clean and the dots add such a fun element!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the clean lines in these. Collages are usually so 'overdone' and busy. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the result! Looks great and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow gorgeous! I love both compositions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous. I really need to make the time to go through Claudine's book. Does the online class include a lot of other things not in her book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, dear Kim, are a good pr person for the art of collage and Claudine's online course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In answer to Lisa's question - I have not seen Claudine's book so I am afraid I can not compare it. I would guess the "rules" she teaches are the same, but she isn't going into collage so much as composition. She is commenting on all of the things we post and always makes suggestions if you need them. I am enjoying the course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the white matt board really brought the second one to life. well done both of them.

    ReplyDelete