Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Highly Prized

I have joined the sketchbook challenge for 2011. Every month we will get a new theme of which we can use whatever medium we want to interpret it. For January the theme is Highly Prized. The two pictures I did for this theme is of the above bird.....

and this kind of strange looking frog. (I have never drawn frogs before) I choose frogs as one of the things I highly prize as they are indicator species that help us know whether the environment is healthy or not. They are very sensitive to pollution and habitat alteration, and therefore many different species of frogs are going extinct. I love listening to frogs in the spring during the few weeks when they are extremely vocal.

If you want to see more people's interpretation of this theme go here, or if you would like to join the group, learn more about it here. If you are already participating let me know!




1 comment:

  1. I accidentally clicked close when I wanted to post my comment... silly me. I really love your sketches, especially your bird.
    Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete