Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Year of 100 Faces?

A few years back, I decided I wanted to learn how to draw, and I have been slowly working myself towards the goal of drawing faces. I started 2010 out by taking an online face drawing/painting course with Misty Mawn. It was a wonderful experience, and inspired me to continue on my quest.
Some of the faces I have been drawing are quick 5 minute sketches, while others take me a few hours to draw.

I worked at drawing realistic faces, but really what I enjoy most is more unrealistic or whimsical faces.


Early on in 2010, I decided it would be the year of 100 faces - but not long after that I decided to not put a number on it, but rather to continue on in my goal, and not pressure myself to draw 100 faces. I enjoy drawing faces, but only when I want to - not because I have to. And so it will not be a year of 100 faces - but perhaps I will count up the faces at the end of the year, and then I will know that it was a year of (insert number here) faces, and that that will be fine, because I have enjoyed it, and continue to learn and find the style I am comfortable with.




1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you too, Kim. My show is in Nov also. I love your faces and I too, love to draw faces. I have a long way to go before I get them looking as beautiful as yours, but that doesn't stop me. hehe. It's almost like therapy for me.
    I will try to post some of my wares for the show, but I am having a really hard time getting any good shots with my camera.
    ciao
    carol

    ReplyDelete