Thursday, May 27, 2010

Painting Faces


I spent some time today painting these two faces that I drew some time ago. I haven't painted faces for quite some time, so it was fun to try it again. I don't think I am quite finished with the one above yet. But, I am done for now. The process I used was to photocopy and transfer my drawings on to watercolour paper (which created some "holes" in the paintings) and then I painted them with watercolour crayons, and some acrylic paints.

The words on the top one say "whatever you can do or dream you can begin it. boldness has a genius, power and magic in it. begin it now" J.W. Goethe

The bottom one may get some words yet. They will both probably get sewn to a piece of coloured paper and a layer of wax on yet. I haven't added the wax yet, as I am not sure if they are finished. Once they have the wax on they have to be finished (or it is harder to change them after that) I will see.......

5 comments:

  1. i'm worried that you are not getting my emails....i've sent several replies to your request for login info. please check your spam boxes! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! Found your blog thru Kelly Rae's class...look forward to seeing more of your work...and your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. De-Lovely! I hopped over from Kelly's class and am ever so happy to meet you. Be Brave! **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    What kind of wax do you apply.
    I'm familiar with Dorland's wax, and love how it can give a beautiful finish on prints.

    ReplyDelete